Liverpool will resume the season with a Merseyside derby, where they will face Everton at Goodison. Klopp will try to win the championship by winning the derby with Ancelotti. But before that, the German coach addressed the fans.
“Football is back!” – says the Klopp in his note. “However, for some reason, we came back with a change. But you can still turn it into something as amazing as it was before the pandemic.”
“The recent months have shown us that football is not as important as we thought it was before, for example, before the game against Atletico Madrid. We had to be responsible, and I think we were that way during that time.”
“Before the friendly, Anfield featured ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone,’ it’s still a good song. But without you, even 5% of it doesn’t feel like emotion, which is usually the case with our fans. However, it’s still your game, and we’re still playing for you.” – The German addressed the fans.
The schedule of the next matches of Liverpool is as follows – July 5 V Aston Villa, July 8 exit in Brighton, July 11, V Burnley.
“No one can stop us when we reach the goal. We are all very happy to be back, and we have one soul to get as many points as possible in the coming weeks.”
- Liverpool have won 19 of their last 20 Premier League games.
- Liverpool have not lost in their last 21 games against Everton.
- Out of the last seven matches between these teams, at Goodison, six matches ended in a draw.
- Liverpool have not conceded a goal in their last three games against Everton.
- An average of 2.5 goals have been scored in five of Carlo Ancelotti’s last six games.
- 2.5 goals were also scored in the last three matches of Liverpool.
- Everton have not lost their last seven home games.