That is what Setien had claimed in a statement released this Thursday. In which he stressed that legal action would be taken if necessary.
Barca has officially informed Quique Setien on September 16
Barcelona announced the dismissal of Quique Setien on August 17 but did not officially inform the coach until this Wednesday, September 16. That is what Setien had claimed in a statement released this Thursday. In which he stressed that legal action would be taken if necessary. Setien released a statement on behalf of his entire coaching staff, Eder Sarabia, Jon Pascua, and Fran Soto while disclosing that the other trio had been told they could stay and move on to new roles at Camp Nou. “After a month of absolute silence from the council directors of Barcelona and after various inquiries made by us. We received the first official communication from the club only on Wednesday and did so through Burofax,” Setien’s statement started. “This message indicates the board’s clear intention not to fulfill the employment deals signed on January 14, 2020.
“In my case, Barcelona and the president very publicly announced my resignation with immediate effect on August 17. However, it was only yesterday, almost a month later, on September 16, that they first sent me the official notice of this dismissal – without any settlement. As for the rest of the coaching staff, they were told yesterday. To our surprise that they would be subject to “a significant relocation” at the club. With all of this in mind, we felt the need to hand over our contracts’ decisions to our attorneys to bring appropriate legal action. That is all to defend our rights and defend what was agreed with Barcelona at the time.”