Cesc Fabregas has vowed to see his contract in Monaco despite not having regular minutes on Niko Kovac’s side in 2020-21.
Cesc strives to be the best
Cesc moved to Stade Louis II from Chelsea in January 2019, completing his hugely successful five-year spell at Stamford Bridge. Since then, the World Cup winner has helped Monaco become a major force in Ligue 1 once again, and although he has been in and out of the squad this season, he has no intention of leaving the club before his current deal expires in 2022.
Fabregas said he always strives to be the best and therefore he has been playing in the top flight for 19 years and now intends to end his contract here.
Over the past two and a half seasons, Cesc has played 58 matches in all competitions for Monaco, but failed to prove himself at the start of Stage XI. The 33-year-old has just started 30 Ligue 1 games to date, and has only three goals and seven assists to his name in all competitions.
Kovac’s opinion on Cesc Fabregas
Niko Kovac highlighted what Cesc is bringing to the roster after handing him his first start since November in the Coupe de France round of 16 wins over Metz last week. Monaco’s boss said young players learn a lot from him. He added that with Cesc Fabregas they learn to play with and without the ball. They see what they need to do on and off the pitch. He is a smart person and will definitely be a coach in the future.
Cesc Fabregas will be available for qualification once more when Monaco travels to Bordeaux on Sunday, where another win will see them keep the pressure on PSG and Lille in the Ligue 1 title race. Nico Kovac will then begin preparing his players for their Coupe de France quarter final clash with Lyon, due at Groupama stadium in three days.