Manchester City almost do not concede a goal at home, while Liverpool score a lot. So, today, Manchester City will test Liverpool.
Before the national team break is the main controversy of the season in the English Premier League – Josep Guardiola’s Manchester City hosts Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool. Liverpool are in second place with 16 points and are a potential leader. On the other hand, City had a bad start – they are only in 11th place with 11 points.
Pep’s staffing problems are as follows: Injured are: Benjamin Mendy, Fernandinho and Sergio Aguero. Scott Carson’s play is also questionable. Jürgen Klopp will not have: Virgil Van Dijk, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fabinho and Thiago Alcantara. Joel Matip’s play is questionable.
– Liverpool have not lost in 34 of the last 38 rounds of the Premier League.
– In the last 8 home games of the Premier League, out of 9, Manchester City won the first half and the full games.
– Liverpool have not scored less than 2 goals in the last 9 rounds,.
– In 10 of the last 11 confrontations between these two teams, more than 2.5 goals were scored.
– Manchester City has won 8 of the last 9 home matches (Premier League), has not conceded a goal in 7.
– Manchester City have conceded less than 2.5 goals in the last 4 matches (Premier League).
Manchester City (4-3-3): Ederson – Walker, Diaz, Laporte, Cancelo – de Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan – Torres, Jesus, Sterling
Liverpool (4-2-3-1): Alisson – Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Gomez, Robertson – Henderson, Wijnaldum – Salah, Firmino, Mane – Jota