You may remember that Barcelona beat Getafe 2: 1 in the 24th round of La Liga, and then Catalan midfielder Frank De Jong slammed Getafe for their playing style. The Dutch player called on Madrid to take an example from Barça. Getafe’s head coach Jose Bordalas has now responded to De Jong’s comment and told Radio Marca that he has no desire to make Getafe look Barca style.
“When we played against Barcelona, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen made 69 passes and came in 4th in the number of passes. We prefer creating goal attempts. I don’t want the goalkeeper of my team to make 69 passes in the game. That means something is not going well. I want it, ‘Bordalas said.
It is interesting that after de Jong’s criticism, Getafe confronted the former Dutch club Ajax and dismissed the Amsterdamers from the Europa League. Although Getafe lost 2-1 at Cruyff Arena, their 2:0 win in Madrid led them to the eighth final.
The Madrid club are expecting to meet Inter Milan in the 1/8 finals of the Eurovision, while in La Liga, they are in fourth place with 10 points behind Barcelona.
Disaster for Barca
Although Barca have the advantage of scoring a goal against Napoli, they have found it challenging to get to the next level.
Quique Setien’s men had different reasons for that:
- Barca have confirmed Arthur Melo’s injury.
- According to TV3, the Brazilian may not be able to play against Napoli on March 18.
- Due to disqualification, Sergio Busquets and Arturo Vidal will not play in the match.
- The presence of Sergi Roberto is also questionable.
- Given this, there will probably be only two midfielders (Frank de Jong and Ivan Rakitic) in the squad against Napoli.
- It is expected that we will see Ricky Pucci in the squad.