Flick announced on Saturday that he intends to leave Bayern at the end of the season. The 56-year-old heavily tipped to replace Joachim Low as Germany coach after this summer’s European Championship.
There haven’t been any talks and proposals from Bayern Munich for Nagelsmann
RB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann has confirmed that he did not held any negotiations with Bayern Munich to replace Hansi Flick at Allianz Arena. Flick announced on Saturday that he intends to leave Bayern at the end of the season. The 56-year-old heavily tipped to replace Joachim Low as Germany coach after this summer’s European Championship. That reignited rumours Nagelsmann is already lining up to replace him in the Bundesliga champions – something the 33-year-old has been quick to fire for the second time. When asked about rumours about negotiations with Bayern, Nagelsmann said: “There have been no discussions and proposals. That is why I don’t know what Bayern’s desire is. I said I don’t want to start a war with my employers – that’s still the case.”
Bayern expressed their disappointment with Flick’s decision to publicly announce his decision to resign in a statement on Sunday. However, the club did confirm that he informed them of his desire to leave earlier this week. With his departure now confirmed, attention will inevitably turn to his potential successor, with much of the speculation around Nagelsmann. The former Hoffenheim coach has already denied holding talks with Bayern Munich once this week before reiterating his position on Sunday. With RB Leipzig currently second in the Bundesliga and pushing Bayern leaders towards the title, it is understandable that Nagelsmann does not want to be distracted. However, the situation may develop after the end of the campaign.
Reports in Italy have also claimed that Massimiliano Allegri is on the list of potential managerial targets for FC Bayern. Allegri has been out of work since leaving Juventus in 2019 but is believed to be looking on returning to management this summer.