Lionel Messi is breaking all records in a row, and this is not a surprise for anyone anymore. But now we are talking about Pele’s record. Messi is only one step away from the recognition.
You must have already known that two days ago, Barcelona’s leader, Lionel Messi, has scored a poker in Barca’s fantastic 5-0 win against Eibar. It is interesting that the 32-year-old Argentine has already scored 626 goals in the Blaugrana.
It is noteworthy that the Brazilian legend, Pele had scored 643 goals for Santos, which is an absolute record within one club. As we can see, La Pulga is just 18 goals away from his nearest goal.
Messi won the prestigious award
A few days ago, Barcelona’s Argentine megastar Lionel Messi was named the best sportsman of 2019. On the other hand, he shared the title with auto rider Lewis Hamilton.
Laureus Sports Award winner has been revealed in Berlin. Interestingly, Leo and Lewis have been favorites since the very beginning.
It is noteworthy that La Pula became the first football player to win this prize.
Some incredible records that Messi still holds
- Messi is not only the best scorer of Argentina (70) but the best assister as well (38).
- He has netted a goal against the most different La Liga rivals (37) than any other players.
- No one has ever netted as many free-kicks as Messi (34).
- No one has ever scored as many hat tricks in La Liga than Messi (35). With that, he surpassed Cristiano Ronaldo’s record (34).
- Lionel Messi has scored the most 26 goals against Real Madrid.
- In 2015 Messi became the only player who had scored in seven different competitions across one calendar year (La Liga, Copa Del Rey, Uefa CL, Uefa Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, Copa America, and FIFA Club World Cup.