The coaching career of Andrea Pirlo begins. Juventus will open the season with Sampdoria, against which they usually win.
Italy’s 2020/21 season begins. Reigning champions Juventus will start the new season and, arguably, the new stage, with a match against Sampdoria at home in Genoa. Andrea Pirlo is making his debut as the head coach of Turin, who suddenly found himself in a new role, and many are wondering what coach Andrea Pirlo will look like.
Pirlo’s first visa is to an experienced Claudio Ranieri, who has worked in Juve in the past and is well acquainted with the Turin Grand. Sampdoria had a difficult season last year and survived with a successful game in the last rounds related to Ranieri’s name. The Italian was declared confident in the club for the new season as well.
At Juventus, Maurizio Sari, despite winning the Scudetto, was sacked due to the Champions League’s fiasco. Still, it is also said that Maurizio had a conflicting relationship with the players, which put a strain on the quality of the team.
As a result, Andrea Agnelli fired him and fired Andrea Pirlo, who has yet to work anywhere as head coach. Therefore, Pirlo’s persona will be absolutely unrecognizable in the new role. Well, Andrea knows Juve like five fingers and has made an immense contribution to his success in the recent past.
In terms of the squad, no major changes are observed in the Turin camp. The main axis of the midfield of recent years, Miralem Pjanic, has left the team. He was followed by Blaise Matuidi and Gonzalo Higuain. Instead, Juve were joined by Weston McCann, Arthur, and talented Swedish striker Dejan Kulusiewski, on whom, according to Italian media, Andrea Pirlo has high hopes.
The Coronavirus pandemic has also created Juventus’s financial problems, and the club is not very active in the transfer market. However, the club clearly needs to strengthen and rejuvenate its squad. In 2020, Juve lost 71 million euros, which obviously puts a big burden on the club’s budget. That is why Juventus will make the noisy transfer (s) only if any of the leaders interfere, which is unlikely. The Italian Grand are currently working on adding a forward, as the club no longer includes center-forward after the departure of Gonzalo Higuain.
Before Juventus add a striker, they will open the season with a confrontation with Sampdoria. So, the main intrigue of this match is Andrea Pirlo’s coaching debut – “Maestro” is starting to see what will happen.
- Juve have won nine of their last 11 matches in all competitions against Sampdoria.
- The Old Lady have won both their first half and their game in five of their last seven home games against Sampdoria.
- Juve have netted at least two goals in their last five home games against Sampdoria.
- More than 2.5 goals have been scored in five of the last six home games of the Turinese.
- Juve hosted Sampdoria on July 26, winning 2: 0 and winning the 9th Scudetto in a row.
- Sampdoria have not gained a victory in any of their last four matches in Serie A (1 draw, three losses).
- The match between Juventus and Sampdoria in Turin have not ended in a draw since December 2014 (9 wins for Juve, 2 for Sampdoria).
- Paulo Dybala has found Sampdoria’s net seven times. Noteworthy, he has not scored more than that against any other team in Serie A.
- Ronaldo has played three times against Sampdoria and scored in all three games.