The Reds won another big match on Sunday afternoon. Liverpool scored two beautiful goals against Manchester United. Now they are rivals but not equals anymore.


Why was it so hard for Manchester to beat the Reds


Manchester Utd had a huge desire to beat Liverpool. Several months ago, the Red Devils almost defeated the Reds, but the final score was 1-1 then.

Liverpool had even more chances to win as they were playing at Anfield Stadium, their home base. One more advantage for the Reds to win the game was their confidence reposed on themselves with their recent records.

The best three fronts: Mane, Salah, and Firmino, put Manchester United in a nightmare at Anfield.

Manchester United started the year playing three games with three days off and also against two great teams. Against Liverpool, the Red Devils had the opportunity to arrive rested and show a better game, but finally, they failed.

Red Devils were the only team this season that had chances to take off some Premier League points from the Reds.

Manchester United were missing Marcus Rashford through his injury. Without the English Forward, United lost their most serious attacking threat, and a nearly impossible task became even more difficult.


Short Review of the Game


Firstly, it should be noted that De Gea was brilliant this afternoon, but he could not save the game alone.

In the ninth minute Mane connected with Alexander-Arnold’s free-kick. But Mane’s tame header went harmlessly wide of Manchester’s post.

Five minutes later, Van Dijk connected with Alexander-Arnold’s in-swinging corner. A well-placed effort gave De Gea no chance and presented the Merseysiders with an early lead.

Liverpool were on top, and it took some excellent defending from Luke Shaw to stop them grabbing a second, via Mane. Soon after, Roberto Firmino curled an effort past De Gea, causing United’s players to erupt in anger at referee Craig Pawson.

The official indicated a foul by Van Dijk in the build-up. Yet, the official didn’t blow, and Firmino knocked the ball in. However, VAR looked at the incident and correctly judged that it was a foul by the Liverpool no.4 on De Gea.

Minutes before the break, De Gea made an excellent stop with his feet to deny Mane again.

After the interval, Liverpool started the quicker with Firmino coming close before Jordan Henderson’s effort from a distance was pushed onto the post by an outstanding De Gea save.
After a disappointing start, United were sparked into life after Fred’s driving run from midfield just before the hour-mark, which finished with the Brazilian knocking the ball just wide of Alisson’s near post.

Ole sensed the game was still there for United and threw Juan Mata and Mason Greenwood on in the 74th minute.

Alisson launched the ball down the pitch in injury-time, and it fell to Salah, who ran forward from his half. The Egyptians managed to get his shot away under pressure from James and wrapped things up with the last kick of the game.