The analytical center ‘CIES Football Observatory’ has identified the weird rating of the top 10 most expensive clubs in Europe’s top-5 leagues.
The evaluation of each football club was mainly based on the following criteria – the cost pool of the 20 most expensive players in each club and their efficiency algorithm. The rating is as follows:
- Liverpool – 1.405 billion euros
- Manchester City – 1.361 billion euros
- Barcelona – € 1.17 billion
- Real Madrid – € 1.1 billion
- London’s Chelsea – € 1.008 billion
- Manchester United – 1.007 billion euros
- Paris Saint-Germain – 979 million euros
- Atletico Madrid – 836 million euros
- Tottenham Hotspur – 787 million euros
- Juventus – Turin – 783 million euros
Aspects that determine the club’s place in the weird rating
This list has prompted many questions on social networks. For example – what algorithm calculates the “Aristocrat” and “Devil’s” heights against “Bianconeri” and “PSG”?
If it comes to the price of a player, it is really strange to put Manchester United ahead of the teams which have Neymar and Kylian Mbappe (together), and Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo DiBala.
Some different aspects also affect the transfer value and rating. These aspects include player’s age, contract duration, international status, career progression, and performances, as well as the club’s sporting level, economic level, and inflation.